Alex Adsett Publishing Services Pty Ltd (“AAPS”) provides publishing business and contract advice (the Services) to authors, publishers, agents or those otherwise involved in the Australian publishing industry (“Clients”) as a consultant in regard to the Australian publishing industry. On engaging the services of AAPS, the Client agrees to the following conditions.
1. In exchange for the fee, as outlined in the website www.alexadsett.com.au (“Website”) or as otherwise agreed, AAPS will undertake to act as a publishing consultant for the Client and to advise, review or negotiate on the Client’s behalf in any matter so directed by the Client.
2. AAPS has no authority to bind the Client without the express authority of the Client. No contractual terms will be confirmed until the Client has approved them. All such contracts will be read carefully and signed by the client or relevant party. In the event that the Client wishes to solicit legal advice in relation to any contract or matter reviewed or negotiated by AAPS the cost of such will be separate to and borne by the client.
3. No employee relationship exists between the client and AAPS and each is responsible for their own taxation, worker’s compensation insurance, superannuation and other benefits of employment.
4. AAPS’ services are provided on a non-exclusive basis.
5. Copyright in the written reports or advice provided by AAPS remains at all times with AAPS. A non-exclusive license is granted to you to use this material for the purposes on which the advice is provided.
Privacy and Confidentiality
6. AAPS respects the privacy of individuals, and it will use personal or confidential information provided to it only for the purpose for which it is provided and any other use deemed necessary to meet those purposes or to assist AAPS to conduct its business. Further, personal information provided to AAPS will not generally be disclosed except as is deemed necessary to provide the the requested services, as required by law or, confidentially, to allow for AAPS to fulfil auditing requirements to avoid any conflict of interest.
Warranty and Indemnity
7. AAPS warrants it will use its best endeavours to provide professional consultancy services to the Client based on the publishing experience and expertise of its consultants. AAPS makes no representations, guarantees or warranties of any kind either express or implied in relation to the correctness, accuracy, reliability, currency or any other aspect or characteristic of the advice or material provided. To the maximum extent permitted by law, no liability is accepted for any loss or damage which may directly or indirectly result from any advice, opinion, information, representation or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, in the course of providing the agreed services. Notwithstanding, AAPS will not be liable for any loss or damage greater than the amount of the fee paid for the agreed services.
Not legal advice
8. AAPS does not provide legal advice or the services of a solicitor. It does provide publishing business and contract advice based on its consultant’s publishing experience and training. Please contact a solicitor if you require legal advice.
Among other things this means that any advice or information you provide to AAPS will always be treated confidentially, but is not protected by legal professional privilege and so may be subject to disclosure in court in the event of a legal dispute. AAPS may not commence legal proceedings on your behalf, provide legal advice or represent you before a court.
9. While AAPS will endeavour to ensure that material on the Website is accurate and up to date, it does not guarantee in any circumstances the truth, accuracy, completeness, reliability or currency of the information provided within the site.
In no circumstances will AAPS, its agents or employees be liable for any special, consequential or indirect loss or damage arising from any use of or reliance on any material appearing on the Website. Specifically, AAPS makes no representations, guarantees or warranties of any kind either express or implied in relation to the correctness, accuracy, reliability, currency or any other aspect or characteristic of the advice or material provided.
10. Copyright © 2008-2010 Alex Adsett Publishing Services Pty Ltd. All written material on this site, except third party articles or images, is provided under a Creative Commons Attribution/non derivative/non commercial license.
You do not need our permission to link to this website.
11. AAPS reserves the right to make corrections and changes to this site at any time, or to any of the terms and conditions within, without notice.